Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekly Shop Update

Not much on the front lines to report, but much is going on behind the scenes.  I'm in full swing attending the fall auctions before the cold weather permanently parks itself right over Kansas and nesting season begins.  I've been traveling quite a bit, as you have read in past blogs.

I've been spending ample time at gas stations filling up the auctionmobile and witnessing scenes such as this:


Wait!  I should reiterate and not use the scene in plural form because honestly, this has only been repeated at the same gas station outside Warsaw, Missouri.  The funniest part is if you look closely at the far-right gas pump, there is an ad for fried chicken on top of the pump.  I have to chuckle and think that there's nothing fresher than a chicken straight from the parking lot!  Ha-ha!!

At the farm auction near Clarence, Missouri, I picked up a box lot of antique eyeglasses, so I've been busy cleaning and photographing them for future listings:



And this week, we traded off the 2011 Chevy HHR because it just wasn't cutting it as an auction hauler and in its' place we purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox.  I had to laugh when I told my husband that it's a vicious circle when you think about it:  trade in a car for a larger car with higher car payments so I can buy more stuff to sell.  Do you see the flawed logic there?  The good news is that the Equinox actually purports to have better gas mileage, but we'll see.  At any rate, that transaction has kept me busy for several days.

In honor of breaking in the new auctionmobile, my husband and I are traveling out to Central Kansas for an auction Saturday and hopefully fit in a few photo opportunities in the process.


2009 was the last time I was out in my beloved state, so I'm really, really looking forward to it!  Hopefully, I'll bring home some more goodies to add to the shop!

From Dancing Bumblebee Cottage to you:  Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment