Monday, October 3, 2011

A Weekly Shop Update

So, my HHR is sitting in the garage looking all Sanford & Sons filled to the brim with the latest auction finds.

My husband asked me today, after he moved the HHR out into the driveway in order to get the lawn mower out, where I was going to store my new load because the studio is looking eerily like an episode of Hoarders.  

The Cottage is acquiring and nesting (hoarding) for the winter season.  Even so, what with all of the weekend auction fun, I listed some new goodies on eBay and Etsy. 

This is one of my favorites:



a wonderfully old, chippy red dish strainer discovered at the farm auction in northern Missouri.  It was to be auctioned with a large box of other items, but I plucked it right out and held it up so that I could purchase it separately; it's THAT cool!

But I'm not one to always go with the grain so I think a great idea to repurpose this old dish strainer is to use it as an organizational area.


I displayed this with some workout videos and an old book.  I think the dish dryer would be perfect as a place to store your favorite magazines on the coffee table,  the children's favorite videos that are often watched, or even a bill organizer.

It's a fun way to reuse and repurpose an otherwise mundane household item!

So back to the topic of the weekly shop update, this upcoming week I will be organizing the hoard while last week I added to the hoard only to add more to the hoard this upcoming Saturday.  It's a rough life, but someone has to live it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment