Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sewing Project: Kindle Fire HD 7 Cover / Dog Obedience Training Treat / Bait Bag

This week I have been sitting at the sewing machine. My first-generation iPad needed to be replaced and after much hem-hawing, decided on the Kindle Fire HD 7. Have you seen the cases out in the stores and the price tags?  Yikes! So, I sat down last evening and constructed one from scratch.


The pocket in front is large enough to hold the charger:


I used a vintage bakelite pin and bias trim for the top closure:


The two buttons for the pocket are vintage, too.  The case is lined in heart fleece:


I'm going to perfect the pattern and put some up in my Etsy shop. I also made a dog bait/treat bag for Edie's Intermediate Training course:


The outer material is from Spoonflower.  Cute, huh?  It's lined in polka dot flannel:


I used two safety pins to pin it to my shirt the day of training. Since I usually wear yoga pants to class, I didn't need a loop to hook to a belt loop. I like the button closure so I can easily close it with one hand when I'm not handing out treats and if I bend over, the treats don't go everywhere.  This style will go up in my shop soon, as well.

Right now I'm ready to list several vintage clothing patterns, so click on the shop link for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment