Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Farmer Is Born

When I came across an old feed sack from the Farm Yeast Feed Co., Kansas City, KS, I jumped with joy!  Yay! It was the first time I've ever seen the farmer logo that took up nearly all of the right hand side of the sack. I was smitten!

I knew I needed to rescue the farmer from the very stained feed sack and I did just that yesterday. I cut the farmer out of the sack and then free-motion stitched around part of the logo. I then cut out the company name and the ingredient list to sew on the back of the pillow.  I added a zipper in the center side and sewed it all together and then stuffed with polyester fiberfill.

He stands 19" tall and is 6" wide at the base and he's oh' so handsome!






He's ready for a new adventure and you can adopt him for just $36.00 in my Etsy shop: link in your right sidebar.


No comments:

Post a Comment