Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pillows Completed and To Come


I finished up a couple pillows for Etsy.  This sweet pillow was constructed using a vintage embroidered runner with two kittens in a basket interspersed with red flowers.  It's a perfect addition for a cottage decor!


The back of the pillow was made with a vintage yellow polka dot bed sheet.


The inside is stuffed with polyester fiberfill and then hand-sewn shut.  I have a few bags of newly-acquired vintage linens that will follow suit and a large 5 lb. box of fiberfill, so I'll be busy making other pillows to add to my Etsy shop.

Meanwhile, I finally decided to order two fat quarters of quilting material with my photography of abandoned Kansas at Spoonflower yesterday.

If all goes well and I'm pleased with the printing, look for pillows with these designs in the near future:


This photo was taken at an old building on Route 66 in southern Kansas.  The building was no longer used and the pink doors with the worn, chippy paint just beckoned to be remembered!


I took the picture above at a dying community in central Kansas.  Just about the only thing still in business was the Post Office, which is where I parked to take this picture across the street.  I noticed the town's lifeline is one of the offices slated to close on the USPS website.

- - -
In between sewing and photographing items to be listed on eBay, I am also revamping this website to fill up the headings on the left of this page.  However, first things first, my husband gave me 5 pairs of pants that are missing buttons, so I must play the role of his personal tailor before anything else gets done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment