Friday, September 23, 2011

A Weekly Shop Update

I think I'm going to try a new weekly entry on this blog that will give a rundown of the last week's activity; sort of a behind-the-scenes look.  We'll see how it goes.  :smile:

It's been a rather busy week here at the Cottage.  Saturday I was perusing the upcoming auctions and noticed a farm auction near the Missouri/Iowa border for the following day and decided to make the trek north for nearly 200 miles.  It was rainy, but that's OK.  Rain can signify good deals and I'm happy to find good deals!


The last portion of the drive was rural and this was the first time my Chevy HHR went "off-roading."  My former Honda Element and I have had many, many good years traveling country roads like this, but since purchasing the HHR, I've tried to keep her on blacktop because she's a bit more of a car-car and less of a sturdy-box-that-goes-anywhere, like my Element.

However, I must say, I was pleased with both the HHR's ability to navigate through mud and loose gravel and the OnStar directional help,  so maybe she will be more Element-like after all!  The auction was pretty pleasing, as well, and I found quite a few items I will be listing on eBay and Etsy.


If all goes as planned, the HHR and I will make another trek to a Kansas farm auction tomorrow.  Luckily, the weather looks to be sunny and 73 degrees.  Yay!

-Don't forget, this week is Feedsack Week here at the Cottage.  Many feedsacks are listed on both venues and some are closing tomorrow on eBay!  A few of them are from my personal collection, so take a look!

-Speaking of feedsacks, I've been busy sewing up a new line of pillows that will be featured on my Etsy site.  Here's a sneak peek at some pillows that are in line for the final stitching:


The large pillow on the left was made from a vintage dairy feed sack from East St. Louis, Missouri.  The rooster pillow was constructed from a child's apron and the cat pillow used to be a table runner in its' former life.  All pillows were backed with vintage bed sheet material.

And finally, our Etsy page has a new look!  I thought the little girl looked like me when I was young and used to roller skate in the basement and on the back patio:


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment