Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oil Cloth Curtains

I am in love with oil cloth.  I don't know if it's because oil cloth is usually printed in bright, cheery colors, or if it's because it's nearly indestructible.  So I was particularly tickled to find this little article in a 1943 sewing book discussing ways of using oil cloth in a seashore home:


(click for a larger image)

Since I don't have a seashore home, I'll pass on the idea;  that is until I come across nautical oil cloth and then all bets are off.   I mean a lakeside cottage isn't much different than a seashore home, right?  (heehee)

If you own a seashore home or just want to sew up some new curtains for your abode, this 1950's McCall's sewing pattern might be right up your alley:


If not, the envelope would be a hoot framed, don't you think?

You can find the pattern here:


No comments:

Post a Comment