Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seed Sack Bird Cage Pillow

Happy New Year Dancing Bumblebee Cottageites!  2012 sounds so space-age, don't you agree?  And yet, I'm still into vintage.  I shall never be a girl of the future.

With that in mind, I just listed my newest creation over at Etsy!  The link is to your right.


I have so many vintage feed and seed sacks from attending farm auctions over the warm months that I'm always looking for projects to make things with them.  The Certified sack was perfect because the logo was still vibrantly blue and it looks just like a paper tag, which is really trendy right now.


To make the bird cage, I machine-stitched the design complete with a swing for the bird.


The sweet bird was created with a vintage cotton bed sheet.  The eye is an antique glass button.

I love how it turned out!  Look for more feed and seed sack pillows coming soon as well as additional vintage clothing patterns being listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment