Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quaker Oats Chicago Laying Mash Pillow

As a proud Illinois-born and mostly bred (I moved away when I was 12), I just couldn't pass by this awesome vintage Quaker Oats Laying Mash sack that was found in Columbia, Missouri.  Needless to say, it sat atop my fabric stash for less than a month before being made into a pillow.



I search high and low for good, clean vintage pillow forms for my pillow covers because when you buy a pillow that you like, having to run to the fabric store to buy a pillow form is a nuisance.  I'd like for you to open your purchase and be ready to use it straight away, so all of my pillow covers come with the pillow inside.

This pillow cover is sewn with an envelope-style backing complete with a vintage silver button!  New blue and white ticking was chosen for the backing fabric since it complements the Quaker sack nicely.

As always, you can click over to my Etsy shop by the link in the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment