Saturday, January 28, 2012

Little Feedsack Birdie Bookmark

If you sew, you understand scraps are everywhere!  If they're too small to really use, I throw them away, but if they're not, they go into a keep area.  That keep area is overflowing and I decided that I'd make bookmarks because everyone has a favorite little book with a favorite quote that they want easily accessible like this 1938 Household Guide book.




I took the scraps of a small feedsack print of a pillowcase and cut it down to approximately a 2 1/2" X 7" inch piece, serged the edges and then cut out a tiny little bird.  I attached the bird with machine stitching and then stitched a small swing for it to sit upon.  The swing "attaches" to the tiny bow at the top.

And because I only used 2 pieces of fabric and nothing else, the bookmark sits flat and won't add bulk to your book.



Nifty!

More bookmarks will be added to the shop over time, but for now, here's the link to this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment