Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Coma


(Taken from a distance, so as not to wake sleeping beauty, by my iPhone)

Helen was in the midst of a turkey coma.

We had a lovely, yet quiet Thanksgiving yesterday.  My husband worked for most of the day, so we fixed a simple dinner and ate around 11 a.m.  I used our Nesco Roaster and placed a 6 lb. turkey inside. I then poured orange juice, cranberry sauce and one packet of onion soup mix over the top of the turkey and slow-cooked it from 4 a.m.-10:30 a.m.

At around 7, I put an entire bag of stuffing inside the roaster and added more orange juice.  The result was a deliciously tender turkey with very minimal work involved.  I doubt I will ever bake a turkey again, unless I have one too large to fit in the roaster oven.

Here's a link to a roaster similar to ours.  My parents gave us one for Christmas back in 2004, which is the one I used.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we thank you for your continued patronage!

No comments:

Post a Comment