Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Details


One thing you quickly learn about photographing abandonment is that we're all pretty much the same.  It doesn't matter if you grew up in the early 1900's or are growing up now; we like to deck the halls of our abodes; be they humble or opulent.

Finding these relics of happiness left behind make my work all the more enjoyable because I can start to picture life in some capacity as it was before the house sat empty.

Here, someone's handiwork is still tacked to the window frame.  The linen-like material has faded with time, dirt and spider webs have worked their way in, but it's still a stark reminder of the who in the who, what, where and why questions I continually ask as I peruse through a home left to deteriorate.

This particular home had no doors or glass panes left in the windows, a piece of furniture or two, a rotting roof and this curtain tie-back with a matching one on the other side of the frame.

To the individual who made these:  I want you to know your work is still being appreciated by the explorers out there who happen to stumble upon your once-beautiful home.

You are not yet forgotten.

- - -
Abandoned
Greenwood County, Kansas

Here is a LINK to my abandonment photographs on flickr.  If you are interested in printing a photograph, or having me print one for you, please don't hesitate to e-mail me and we can certainly come to an agreement.

I currently have a few listed on Etsy HERE.

Coming up in the next couple of days I will be showcasing a new project involving fabric and my abandonment photography, so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment