Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Portraits: A Slice of Life


She makes me swoon, this one.  There are many, many black and white portraits and photographs out in the antique marketplace that I rarely stop in my tracks to view them.  But this one, oh this one had me at hello.

I mean look at her hair piece just for starters.


That took some time to affix it perfectly, wouldn't you imagine?  And her corsage, do you suppose she made it herself or did the photographer add it later?


There are so many lovely elements to this piece.  Her expression is serious:


I wonder what was on her mind at this very moment?  I see just a hint of a smile at the corners of her lips. Her smile lit up a room, I'll venture.

She was found up in northern Missouri at a farm auction and in the southern part of Missouri, I discovered this family photograph taken out on the farm:


See the outhouse out back and the tin roof on the porch?  How about the clothing, do you study these things?  I do.


I just couldn't pass by this piece, either.  Both are available in my Etsy shop.  The link is to your right.


No comments:

Post a Comment