Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Shoes Arrived!


The shoes arrived!  The shoes arrived!

I may just become Imelda Marcos after seeing all the adorable shoes Avon offers.  I'm the sort of gal that buys one or two new pairs of shoes each season and I wear the death out of them and then throw them away.  I'm not the type of gal to buy lots of shoes, but after seeing the great prices and styles in the Avon catalog, I think I may be hooked.  Only first I needed to jump in the pool and order a pair.

Today these shoes arrived:

They are on sale right now for $14.99.  You can find them here:  Cutest Shoes Ever!

I immediately tried them on:



You can't really tell in the photos, but the silver lace is metallic and shines in the light!  And on this cloudy, icky day, shine was a welcome sight!  :)  I think they'll be super perfect for my jean crop pants this summer.  Let me tell you, they feel like I'm wearing slippers!  Now if the warm weather would move in, I'll be set.

Want to know where I bought my crop pants this year?  QVC.  Honestly.  My favorite store, Fashion Bug, went out of business.  Can you imagine? Honestly, I thought I was one of the people who helped keep them in business!  I was stumped as to where I was going to find great crop pants that are comfortable and wear well. I dislike shopping for clothes greatly.  The idea of hitting up the mall and trying on clothes makes me nauseous.

I've always like the Quacker Factory line and I've seen the Dream Jeannes advertised on QVC, but never tried them out.  I decided to order a pair of crop Dream Jeannes in Indigo because for one, it's nice to be able to try clothes on at home and secondly, who doesn't love clothes landing on the doorstep?  Mail order rocks.  :)


See how great the pants and shoes match?  I loved the first pair of crops so much I went back for the dark indigo.  Here's the link to the pants:  QVC Crop Dream Jeannes  

In my last Avon blog, I mentioned face cream.  I also mentioned I have systemic mastocytosis and take a plethora of medication including a chemo drug called Gleevec.  One of the side effects is water retention and for me, the water just puts huge bags under my eyes.  I've bought other creams at the drug store and most of them made my eyes water and did nothing for the bags.

I have a new face cream regime that is working for me and has reduced the bags under the eyes.

Here's a picture I took today sans makeup and after my morning face cream application:


I did not touch up this photo at all and you can barely tell I have water retention under the eyes.  I mean you can sort of tell they are there, but this is a vast improvement from before.  Here's a closeup:


I'm so impressed with the results!  Because I'm on Gleevec, I must be careful of sun exposure so I use Anew Ultimate 7S Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 25.

Here's the link:  Day Cream

You'll remember I went to an auction last weekend.  I didn't wear a hat; just this cream and my Clinique foundation and my face did not get burned!  It's better than using just regular sunblock on my face.  I get the same amount of coverage using Anew Ultimate.

For nighttime, I use Anew Platinum Night Cream.  I love how soft my skin is when I wake up in the morning.

Here's the link:  Night Cream

Stop by my Avon shop to see more:  jjacky.avonrepresentative.com

No comments:

Post a Comment