Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Corn Belt Dailies Dress Pattern

Some time ago, I wrote a blog post about mail order sewing patterns.  Here's the link:


I'm making a concerted effort to continually list all of my vintage sewing patterns in my shop to make room for Spring auction finds.  This means I'm still finding intriguing patterns such as this 1940's-50's dress pattern:


Almost as neat as the pattern is the envelope it was shipped in:



Ah, The Corn Belt Dailies sounds like something I'd subscribe to even though I live in the center of suburbia.  Growing up in Sycamore/DeKalb, Illinois among DeKalb cornfields, my heart always skips a beat when I find something vintage relating to corn.

The postage was 1 1/2 cents.  How does one calculate a 1/2 cent anyway?

Yes, I'm still smitten with mail order patterns probably far more than the normal Butterick and Simplicity patterns I normally find.

If you love vintage clothing patterns, click my store link on the right for a large selection that is continually growing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment