Monday, February 11, 2013

Snow, Snow, Snow

While the upper East Coast was hammered this past weekend with a record blizzard, thoughts came to me about the blizzard in the 1970's in northern Illinois.  Of course I was maybe 8 years old or so, but I remember the blizzard very well.  The TV was on in our house and I recall listening to the newscasters talk about O'Hare Airport and the mess the snow was making in Chicago. It sure was pretty in my eyes and luckily there are a few pictures to commemorate the occasion.

Here's my mother in front of our house: (As a side note, yesterday marked 4 years since her homecoming in heaven!  I miss you, mom!)



My grandparents shot a few photos that are in the albums I just scanned:




Nice to look at from a very far, far distance!  Stay safe and warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment