Sunday, April 14, 2013

City Girl Masquerading as a Country Girl

I'm not going to lie.  I enjoyed "playing" with this Fisher Price Farm before photographing it for Etsy.







In case you haven't noticed recently, but I have a "thing" for farms, barns and the Midwest. This is one of the few reasons why I choose to hunt down the latest and greatest farm auction because it gives me a chance to drive out to the Kansas countryside and hang out on someone's farm for a day.

This brings me to the auction in north-central Kansas I attended yesterday.  For the second weekend in a row, I woke up at 4 am and headed out the door by 5 for a 4 hour drive to this particular destination.  Last weekend's farm auction went so well not only did I make plans to attend this weekend's farm auction by the same auctioneers, but I came prepared!

Last weekend it was very windy and ever so chilly to start the auction.  I stood there with crop pants and a lightweight top on.  It eventually warmed up but I made sure I donned the correct gear for this weekend's auction which was supposed to be chillier than the previous.  That meant I wore my wool coat with the sweet little wool ruffles lining the collar.

If my cute little white Chevrolet Equinox parked alongside big-ass trucks didn't yell, "city girl" than my outwear did. I stood among nearly every single person donned in Carhartt coats and overalls.  Even the women wore Carhartt coats and there I stood with my black wool ruffled coat.  :)

Definite city girl blood courses through my veins mixing with a bit of country blood. Ha!  This weekend's auction didn't fill the backseat like the one previous, but I did net one very important buy:


18 DeKalb Seed Sacks.  I had 19, but sold one at the auction.  :)

I grew up in Sycamore, IL right down the road from the DeKalb Ag.  Lots of corn fields, barns and farms.  No wonder I'm a country girl at heart!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment